SaltCritters.com

rios suck

TNreefguy

i have been using Rios for 2 years now, and i have not have problems with it...

I always hear people saying that its not good, but most of them has never kept a rio before. its all past along by other people that have had bad experience with them...

i have heard too many reasons like, rio's will release oil when it burns...it will release copper, it breaks...etc..

but no proofs , which really sucK...it causes other people to hate products that are actually good...so please, base your opinions on personal experience, and not from other peoples mouth..

Originally posted by Crakeur

technically, rios suck and blow.

yes, yes they do VERY MUCH... I hate them.

I like OTTO pumps ( OLD STYLE) they ran forever. As well as hagen reversable flows and any Aquarium System mini jets. My Duetto internal filters are still running like new and some are nearly 4 years old.

Go to reefcentral and do a search on "broken Rios". It was a thread posted awhile back. There ended up being about 4-5 pages of people with personal experiences of them breaking, and some pic's of some that just melted! FWIW, I have a Rio running my skimmer, it came with it and I am keeping a close eye on it.

I've heard a lot of bad things about rio's although I have no bad experience, exept they are hard to start back up sometimes. I use two rio 2500's in my shark tank. Not the best pump IME(not the worst either though)

For the record marineland powerheads will shoot a piece gravel 20' across the fishroom consistantly while out of water. It's my favorite weapon.

Damn it's a good thing you dont know what Petco I work at.

Archived