Coral Vue Hydros

Water level issue on aio tank

leonel619

Hello everyone 

For a while now I’ve been having a water level issue on my aio 34g solana. As a result, it’s triggering my ato because the water level will go down and slowly rise up again. It will do it once or twice a day (from what I’ve noticed). I’ve removed everything that I think could prevent water from flowing properly through the rear chambers. I’ve moved my mp10 to the opposite side of the overflow so that it isn’t interfering with the amount of water entering the overflow. Not sure what else to do. 

Anyone familiar with the solana tanks that might explain why or what is causing this??? 

Thanks. 

Is your ato in the correct chamber?

It should be in the chamber where the pump is.

This is the only chamber where you should see a drop in water because that's where the evap occurs.

3 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Is your ato in the correct chamber?

It should be in the chamber where the pump is.

This is the only chamber where you should see a drop in water because that's where the evap occurs.

Yes I keep the ato where the return pump is. 

Do you have anything in the rear chambers that free floats? Something like that could possibly make the water level rise or lower when it's moving. 

Do you think the MP10 going through its different phases in the mode you have it set to is affecting the water level when it really ramps up

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, ReefGoat said:

Do you think the MP10 going through its different phases in the mode you have it set to is affecting the water level when it really ramps up

That would be a cause for water levels to appear like they are rising and falling.

Good call

27 minutes ago, ReefGoat said:

This could be it. I have it on reef crest at 50%. 

Would it be better to reduce the flow maybe 20-30% or change modes? 

With the MP10 being so powerful. It really has a lot to do with the scape and placement of the pump I believe. In my I.M 10 I run reef crest at the 6th LED and once during mid week let it run on the 8th LED for 10 hours while I'm at work and then when I get home I turn it back down to the 6th LED for the rest of the week. I use the Tunze Nano ATO and I don't have water level issues. There's other people with the same setup that can't run it past 4th LED without causing water level issues. That's what makes me think it has a lot to do with scape. 

I do have the pump running harder than I normally do. I’ll turn it down and see if it makes a difference. 

Here’s a photo of my tank and you can see where the pump is placed. I can see how a higher scape could maybe affect it but all my rock is only half way up in the tank. What do you think? 

45_B86740-78_BC-43_E9-8673-_DAA9705428_D

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Are you concerned about the display level or back chambers?

Back chambers. That’s where my ato is located. I’m just trying to show where my pump is placed. 

1 hour ago, ReefGoat said:

yeah I'd just turn it back down to where you had it before. See if that solves the problem. Placement looks good. 

Went ahead and did that. Hope that helps. It’s very weird. This is my second solana and I never had issues with the first one. Will see how it goes.