Pod Your Reef

? on reading salifert mag test

sadie

I don't fully understand how to read the salifert mag test.  Most of the time when adding the drops, my syringe stops at 0.2 (I think that's 1470 on the chart).  What would my reading be if it stopped BETWEEN the 0.2 and 0.3?  The syringe has all the #s, but the chart only has even #s.  So I have just been rounding it off to around 1470.  But not sure that's right.

Five.five-six

You can avrage them out.  MG isn’t that critical.  In fact I just keep mine over 1500.  I haven’t seen or heard of any real problems below 1800 but if it falls low and you grow SPS it can be a real problem.  

Just keep it between 1350 and 1650 and you are fine.   

3 hours ago, sadie said:

I don't fully understand how to read the salifert mag test.  Most of the time when adding the drops, my syringe stops at 0.2 (I think that's 1470 on the chart).  What would my reading be if it stopped BETWEEN the 0.2 and 0.3?  The syringe has all the #s, but the chart only has even #s.  So I have just been rounding it off to around 1470.  But not sure that's right.

Just extrapolate the number.  Don't use Salifert so don't know the numbers... But if .2 is 1470 and .3 is 1430 then I would go with 1450 if it stops between. 

• Thanks 1