Cultivated Reef

Conch went to big sea above?

Aurortpa

So found my conch upside down coming home from work at the aquarium... even more startling was my nassarius snail was on him 😳

Quickly evaced him out of the display into a large container with display water. I did the smell test I use for questionable snails but no smell at all—maybe caught early, as im sure my sea star would be right by nassarius.

I did do a sand rinse a few weeks ago but he has been wandering around the tank sucking up liverock fauna as usual. 

Parameters all within ideal range, 

Temp 82, salinity 1.025, am 0, nitrates <10, alk 10.5, cal 480, mag 1380.

I’ll keep him on his back and see if he rights himself back up.

Sorry to hear about your conch.  My tiger conch is probably my favorite tank inhabitant and has been with me for 4 years.  I would be heartbroken if something happened to him.  

• Like 1
Just now, specore said:

Sorry to hear about your conch.  My tiger conch is probably my favorite tank inhabitant and has been with me for 4 years.  I would be heartbroken if something happened to him.  

Yeah Im really not sure if he’s ok but I definitely don’t want to discard him yet if he’s hibernating BUT my nass snail on him...not a good sign. He was definitely a fav!

2BAAE107-AFD5-4C91-A493-D62BAA924905.thumb.jpeg.08ff5cf952054505f1fe80c078c79279.jpeg