SaltCritters.com

first 20h

xxsnookxx

here some pics of my first saltwater tank its now 4 months old i have had no algae outbreaks yet and the tank cycled rather fast never really spiked.should of cleaned the glass first but tell me what you all think thanks. oh p.s. ive have used nothing but i/o salt and distilled bottled water..

they are some type of plants they were on the live rock i dont know what kind it is maybe somewone could id them they grow slow i was going to trim them back soon.

was planning on adding more pieces to the left side to hide the back some more and as the colt coral grows it will cover the right side hopefully im taking it slow and not trying to add to much to fast..as for equipment current usa 130w pc,a via aqua hob skimmer 500 gal. per hour and a aqua clear 300 no power heads the 2 hob filters seem to be plenty flow...was thinking of adding a fuge to the via aqua hob the area where the filter was is very large and would make a good fuge but so far my tank is algae free..

thanks,forgot to mention 25 lb. live rock ,20 lb. live sand,maroon clown,striped green,blue mushrooms,orange plate,branching torch,green brain,yellow zoo,orange zoo,blue zoos,green polyps,yellow polyps,4 astrea snails,1 fighting conch,colt coral and waiting to add a little more.i have been using seachem for calcium and alk. but have not had to dose in a while once levels were up they have stayed balanced. any one recognize the plants on the live rock almost looks like kelp to me but i dont know nothing i have seen here in the atlantic while diving doesnt mean its not here though.

Archived