Pod Your Reef

Clown79

So I want to add another fish to my 25g.

I currently have 2 clowns only and would like another fish.

I really want a midas blenny.

I don't want to risk my clowns so I want to set up a qt.

I was thinking of using a bucket cause I don't have a spare tank.

I was thinking of filling it with water from my tank, using filter floss from my tank in a hob, and some small pieces of liverock from my tanks.

Would this be enough to prevent having to cycle a tank?

It is possible, years ago I put a YWG in a half gallon fish bowl with live rock and some sand for a move that I thought would only take a few days, the tank reboot was delayed for weeks but he thrived. I fed him ever so carefully tho.

Great. Thanks😁

It's my first qt set up. So just wanna make sure I haven't missed something.

I always like others confirming I haven't missed something. Lol

Be sure to add some PVC fittings for it to hide in.  Have you checked to see if your HOB filter will fit on the bucket?  Sometimes, I've used plastic storage containers as temporary holding tanks.  Also, keep in mind that a standard 5.5 or 10 gallon aquarium isn't all that expensive.

9 minutes ago, seabass said:

Be sure to add some PVC fittings for it to hide in.  Have you checked to see if your HOB filter will fit on the bucket?  Sometimes, I've used plastic storage containers as temporary holding tanks.  Also, keep in mind that a standard 5.5 or 10 gallon aquarium isn't all that expensive.

Oh ya it fits. I had to use the bucket and filter for something a year ago and it worked really well. 

I'll definitely give it some hiding spots so it doesn't feel threatened. 

I would get a tank but I don't have any space to house or store it. My place is full. Lol.