inTank Media Baskets

Which pump for Fluval Evo

McCune

I picked up a used Fluval Evo so the money I saved on the setup I am going to put directly into the upgrades I would have purchased anyways.

going with intank media baskets for chamber 1 and 2

I don’t know which return pump to go with. I’m looking at the Sicce 1 and 1.5 but not sure if the 1.5 will actually fit. Tank is going to be Zoas, rics, and maxi mini. I don’t want to use any other power heads to create flow for the tank. 

Let me me know what you guys think for return pumps. 

Woody1911a1

i replaced the original pump with a sicce 0.5 which just barely fits and at 185 gph is way more than the rule of thumb 5-10 times the tank vol per hr .   i really can't imagine using more . 

also , you might want to consider a protien skimmer in bay 1  .  fluval sea mini is same price as a second media basket .  

cheers and good luck 

Another option I was looking into is the IM desktop mightyjet dc pink. Would be nice to have control of the flow. It will fit size wise but I have not heard any reviews yet BED7F750-D294-4BC3-8648-63F93EB4C7DD.thumb.png.f77e09c94d24420da7f5af30f12cbdf7.png

Woody1911a1

your money would be better spent elsewhere .  you're going to need live rock and sand .  a rodi water filter .  test kits .  everything for water changes .  

i've got well over 1K in my evo .   

This is not my first tank I have two tanks setup at home so I have all of the stuff related to keeping the reefs. Just figuring out exactly what I want for equipment I want in this one. Being quite and reliable is important to me 

5 hours ago, McCune said:

Another option I was looking into is the IM desktop mightyjet dc pink. Would be nice to have control of the flow. It will fit size wise but I have not heard any reviews yet BED7F750-D294-4BC3-8648-63F93EB4C7DD.thumb.png.f77e09c94d24420da7f5af30f12cbdf7.png

I keep looking at that too. Post a review if you pull the trigger. 

• 5 months later...