Pod Your Reef

some kinda anemone

ApocalypticSurf6

ApocalypticSurf6

yea I just bought this really beautiful anemone from my lfs but they didn't know hat it is because they ordered assorted, its about 1 1/2 inches in diameter, the base it a inche high and bright orange and the tentacles are 1 1/4 inches long semi-transparent white with small purple points at the end, it hasnt moved from the rock i bought it on, Its been in there just a day no and theres a false perc who hasn't gone into it yet if that helps at all

ApocalypticSurf6

I doubt that, I searched pics of crimsons and the have the same body layout but the colors do not match in the least, plus the crimson has a bit longer body, also forgot to mention the orange body is only on the base, the mouth area is white like the tentacles

redparrotbubbles85

Sounds like a condy anemone, and clowns will not usually host in them but in my personal experience my 2 clowns hosted mine in the first 2 months.

ApocalypticSurf6

yea i am thinking condy, I was also thinking a long tentacle because the supplier has a lot of them and they always get some in at my lfs, it just has the same look but different colors, it matches the condy the best but this thing dosnt move at all

sounds like a condi

was it pretty "inexpensive" like under $10 then it prob was

i had one in my cube, moved around a lot and pestered all my fish, my clowns didnt host it either

ApocalypticSurf6

it was $13, if he continues to stay where it is il just find a spot for it away from any corals I put in kas its really nice looking, dont really want to get rid of it

ApocalypticSurf6

i was just looking at anemones online and il tell you the pink tipped haitian anemone looks exactly like my anemone only difference is that one has a few more tentacles and they are a tad fatter, other then that it is exact, maybe this could be the anemone, the pic of it is on saltwaterfish.com

Archived