Pod Your Reef

Monster sexy!

NanoRox

I've never had one of those before.  I usually get a cleaner shrimp.  I really like those.  This time I'm thinking of mixin' things up and getting things I haven't had before.  Does he hide a lot or is he front and center, or somewhere in between?

I have  4 (call them the four horsemen).  They are always out front and center.  I like them BUT it does limit the kind of fish you can get.  No basslets. 

• Like 1

Yeah sexy shrimp are pretty small and easily made into fish food.  They also like to be in groups so you would want to get more than one usually.

I've been thinking about another shrimp.  Would these be okay with a firefish that rarely comes out of his cave, a very curious citron goby, a semi-curious circus goby, and a tube anemone? (I'm thinking my tube nem may limit anything small in my tank)

Both those fish would be fine with sexy shrimp.  The tube nem.. eehhhhhhhhhhh They can be ok as long as your fish stay away from it. hahaha.  

2 hours ago, KNelson said:

I've been thinking about another shrimp.  Would these be okay with a firefish that rarely comes out of his cave, a very curious citron goby, a semi-curious circus goby, and a tube anemone? (I'm thinking my tube nem may limit anything small in my tank)

I have my 4 with a fire fish goby and snow flake clown.  Get along great. 

2 hours ago, mndfreeze said:

Yeah sexy shrimp are pretty small and easily made into fish food.  They also like to be in groups so you would want to get more than one usually.

Pretty small except for this monster! 😉 

I used to have 3-4 in my 29g.  Caught them picking at some of my sps on multiple occasions and had to syphon the little buggers out. 

2 hours ago, Duane Clark said:

Pretty small except for this monster! 😉 

Lol, what is that monster? like an inch? 😄  You need to get a ruler in there for scale man!

7 hours ago, mndfreeze said:

Lol, what is that monster? like an inch? 😄  You need to get a ruler in there for scale man!

Ha yeah I know.  It’s abkut an inches it’s HUGE!   Lol 

16 hours ago, Duane Clark said:

I have my 4 with a fire fish goby and snow flake clown.  Get along great. 

Would you think they'd be inclined to dance on the tube anemone?  They are sexy ANEMONE shrimp and the tube nem is very anemone-like...

They are just so damned cute, I'd hate for one to be an expensive meal. 

I'm not 100% sure but I think they won't host  a tube nem.  Some nem's have different types of of neomaticysts and venom.  I don't think they would necessarily become a snack as most inverts can't be stung with their protective exoskeleton, but I'm not sure they'll host it.   You can have sexies without a host though just fine.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, KNelson said:

Would you think they'd be inclined to dance on the tube anemone?  They are sexy ANEMONE shrimp and the tube nem is very anemone-like...

They are just so damned cute, I'd hate for one to be an expensive meal. 

Mine are not hosted to anything and do fine.  With respect to getting eaten...I don't have an anemone but I do have a Duncan that tries to close on them from time to time but they are lightning fast.  They take food from the Duncan all the time. 

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1