Innovative Marine Aquariums

Possume Wrasse invert compatibility?

mndfreeze

Looking for people with experience with these guys.  I have a 24G aquapod that is planned to be invert / weird stuff specific.   I have a possum wrasse and a yellow watchman goby/tiger pistol pair.  

Does anyone have a possum wrasse in a nano with very small shrimp like sexy shrimp or yellow line cleaners?  I know wrasses love those small inverts and while he leaves my crabs, snails, small feather dusters alone, and he only seems to eat the dried bloodworms I feed, never mysis, I want to make sure that generally he won't try to kill other small shrimps I add in.

I already have a fire shrimp but he's bigger than the fish is and the possum won't let him near anyway.   

Planned inverts will be:

porcelain crabs (maybe one hosting type and one non-hosting)

pom pom crab

acro crab

sexy shrimp

yellow line cleaner shrimp or pedersons shrimp, maybe both. Depends on availability.

I do have a large feather duster and will probably get another or a coco worm as well, but I'm not worried about those guys.  

This is an SPS and LPS tank. No softies.

Not quite a direct comparison, but I had pink-streaked wrasse in a 24g with a sexy shrimp and it never paid the shrimp any attention.

Ok thanks.  Hopefully some other people chime in who have the same species, but if the best I can get is similar but not exact I guess I can take the risk with one or something.  I dont THINK he'll cause trouble, but he definitely isn't cryptic like other people think/claim, at least not in my tank haha.  He greets me at the glass any time I'm anywhere near the tank and eats out of my hand.

Harrisonbored

I had a very personable Tanaka in a 14ga with 5 Sexies for almost 2 years with no problems...but then suddenly in the span of a week he decided to eat them all.  His regular diet consisted of mysis and krill among other things.  But IMO the real problem was that I had let the pod population dwindle and he just became more aggressive with his hunting once he figured out they would fit in his mouth

I would think the sexy shrimp are far to large to fit?!  Mine seems to struggle with large amphipods even.

I do have pods in the tank and I do re-seed once a month or so because originally I was having problems getting him to eat and worried he was going to starve.  Now he eats out of my hand but only dried bloodworms.  He wont touch frozen brine or mysis which I find odd.  No flake either.  He got nuts for live pods when I dump em in though.

I guess I'll have to make sure I get bigger sexy shrimp and hope for the best.  I'd really rather not have to get rid of him because he is such a cool fish but being I'd rather have inverts I'll pass him off if I have to and just be sads about it. 😞