Innovative Marine Aquariums

Duncan’s!

Phill2222

Just got some duncan coral along with spider man mushrooms and some acans, wallet never felt lighter! Question is, can Duncan coral eat finely chopped frozen shrimp from Walmart? Thanks! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

20 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Hope the wallet isn't too much lighter, MAX $80? 

YEah, that works. 

Yeah they gave me a good deal, got some clove polyps on that scab skeleton for free! They didn’t notice! I already have a large colony but hey, free coral is free coral. 

Free is not always better, but since you already have some you know that clove polyps can spread rapidly, much like xenia but not quite as aggressive. Duncans will pretty much eat anything that the can reach from the water column. Same with Acans, but in my experience they tend to grow better when occasionally fed mysis.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

Free is not always better, but since you already have some you know that clove polyps can spread rapidly, much like xenia but not quite as aggressive. Duncans will pretty much eat anything that the can reach from the water column. Same with Acans, but in my experience they tend to grow better when occasionally fed mysis.

I’ve kept mine at bay but they have ripped off a polyp and spread to another rock, I usually frag and give away since no one wants to buy them. Lol. Thanks for the help. Fed my Duncan’s some shrimp and phyto plankton mix and they loved it!