Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Bristle worm? Star fish arm?

bryanphillips

bryanphillips

This odd barred tentacle is so skinny and coloration is not something I’ve seen on a bristle work before. Is a serpent star arm? Bristle worm? Seems to be the same diameter all the way around and don’t see any type of head. 

Thanks for your input! 

D1344A74-7169-4E58-A26B-F95D12C5D733.jpeg

5 minutes ago, bryanphillips said:

This odd barred tentacle is so skinny and coloration is not something I’ve seen on a bristle work before. Is a serpent star arm? Bristle worm? Seems to be the same diameter all the way around and don’t see any type of head. 

Thanks for your input! 

D1344A74-7169-4E58-A26B-F95D12C5D733.jpeg

Looks like a star fish leg/arm. 

bryanphillips

That’s what I thought but there is no body which is why I was confused. Guess it broke off during fragging. 

Thanks!! 

Just now, bryanphillips said:

That’s what I thought but there is no body which is why I was confused. Guess it broke off during fragging. 

Thanks!! 

They don’t need no stinking body! 😁

i have a ton of those stripey, hairy looking ones. Hopefully he’ll grow some more parts. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, A Little Blue said:

With few more encouraging posts, ppl gonna catch on the idea of fragging and selling them online. 🤣

I wonder what a Starfish part would go for? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Nocturnal said:

Arms won't regenerate. No mouth.

🙄 Clearly we were joking about the not having a body part. If it’s still living then it must have a tiny piece of body. 

I had a dark colored one that looked like just a leg and I would see it out everyday waving that sad leg around. Now I have around five of them and they are finally getting big.  

6 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

🙄 Clearly we were joking about the not having a body part. If it’s still living then it must have a tiny piece of body. 

I had a dark colored one that looked like just a leg and I would see it out everyday waving that sad leg around. Now I have around five of them and they are finally getting big.  

Just call me captain obvious. ;)

• Haha 1