Pod Your Reef

Green clown goby died

NanoTrav

He always ate just fine. I had no ammonia and just did a water change yesterday. He did have white spots on him that I was hoping was just sand. When I pulled him out of the water he had tiny things crawling all over him. Pods? Little white things on the glass. There was an explosion of them over night about a week ago. Can these be a bad variety or where they just cleaning up a dead fish? At first I thought my mushroom ate him. The big fuzzy shroom he always perches on is not opening today. Maybe shroom tried to eat him?

He just had his 1 month anniversary the other day. Ammonia and Nitrites are 0 at the moment. Acans, red shrooms, candy canes, and montis all look good.

IMG_20180511_090721_45.thumb.jpg.c74f19da32727dc0b8912fbfbf7a0b58.jpgIMG_20180515_081010_29.thumb.jpg.6a0fec76b89992f3cb43db8a194c4fd2.jpg

14 hours ago, NanoTrav said:

Will be hard to go 6 weeks with no fish :( 

Ideally you’re not supposed to add anything at all but during my fallow period I added inverts and corals without issue so if you’re really lacking life in your tank maybe look into some interesting shrimp or crabs.