Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

I bought a $50 booger

MainelyReefer

MainelyReefer

You know your an addicted reefer when you find yourself driving 40mins out of your way to go buy a $50 booger.  It is an OG bounce mushroom so was definitely well worth both the time and the price.  This is my second OG bounce, but will be the first one I am growing that has no bubbles to start.  I haven't seen to many well documented booger to full bounce grow outs so have always hesitated to get a frag without bubbles visible already, but maybe once this one is successful me and other people will feel more comfortable about the process and risk.  This particular booger was a lost frag that was found after a few weeks so is faded but came with a foot attached to a larger sized piece of sand(glueable).   Here it is free floating in its specimen jar 

IMG_3767.thumb.JPG.9482fb6a0144fb2f17502c0c589bc7aa.JPG

And here it is after I glued its piece of sand to a frag plug and drilled a hole in the specimen cup so it slides up around the frag plug and the booger is protected from floating away until I'm sure it's attached

Day 1

IMG_3395.thumb.jpg.89d3e631e1ea6f1f27f094a442348f9e.jpg

IMG_3397.thumb.jpg.c1d0a7e0175c6b75d92f0f6e36a83630.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Y’all are paying too much. I’ll go as low as twenty for boogers. I can usually get out multiple frags per day. They come in the classic, hand picked or the more hoighty toighty, tissue caught variety.  I also have a lovely selection of vintages that have been aged in couch cushions and the undersides of tables. Many color options available as well. 

• Haha 5
  • 1 month later...
MainelyReefer

Coloring up nicely, still waiting for it to bounce but I can see it trying.  I cleaned the plug and cup up from debris afterwards but gave you messy shots so it wasn't closed up from cleaning.  Those are food pellets all around it from broadcast feeding for my mandarins moments prior.

Day 35

IMG_3885.thumb.JPG.1588af740ce62c38bed7881e9313061c.JPGIMG_3886.thumb.JPG.3cab38e8055575a84c0d29b326f2feb2.JPG

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...