Cultivated Reef

Montipora bleaching. Is it lighting or chemical

Svpeters

Spoiler
Spoiler

not sure what happened but this week my Montipora has started bleaching   Tank 10gal IM fusion  nanonbox lights  spec grab 1.025  calcium 450 alk 10  mg 1320  nitrates 0.05   Phosphate 0.015   Had been in tank 4 months    Livestock clown watchman goby and skunk shrimp   Snails    Have lowered lights good flow but not to much   Move wave pump so less flow   Any ideas?   

C14075E5-8A1A-498E-AB38-484F6B984BA0.jpeg

Yikes is right.   How do I get rid of them.  All corals dipped before adding.  Do not have a quarantine tank.  Have looked with magnifying glass  not sure.  

Cannedfish

Wait a couple hours after dark and check with a flashlight, they are slightly smaller than a grain of rice (look online for pictures). Also, it may not hurt to give it another dip. If it is nudi's its likely that you killed the adults with the initial dip, but the eggs remained. Lastly, if it does turn out to be nudi's, hopefully it's your only monti. If it is, and it doesn't make it wait a month or so before adding another, you want to make sure they are dead before adding a new frag. 

Checked as above and no nudis   Used magnifier and light. I do have some vermetids. Could this be from them.   Was going to transfer rock from aquarium to upgrade Red Sea 170 but now wondering if I should start from scratch.  I know there is no guarantee I still may have pests.  Montipora firmly attached to rock.  Should I leave alone or use tool to remove it.  Thank you.  

Hi.  Assuming it is not nudis....

I had a similar situation, a few times already, when my NO3 and PO4 are very low and KH is above 10 dKH.  I'm not sure, but I'm attributing it to the combination of parameters (low nutrients and KH).  I have found many threads talking about ULNS systems being more susceptible to KH and that you must adjust for lower KH.  Since then, I try to keep my KH at 7.5 - 8.3 dKH.