ReefCleaners.org

Getting back into the Hobby

Gunbeaux

My tank is almost finished cycling and am looking for what kind of creatures to put in it, I am thinking 

Pistol Shrimp and Goby

some kind of star like a serpent star

and another fish or 2 any suggestions ( something different.)

Not wanting to do clown fish everyone does but grand daughter want a Nemo 

I love my yellow watchman goby...they need to be acclimated well and are shy at first but once established are resilient, peaceful, and have a bright yellow color. His frog like face cracks me up.  I also like my Springeri damsel—the metallic blue compliments the goby, moreover he’s a damsel so he’s tough but extremely peaceful species. 

2 hours ago, Aurortpa said:

I love my yellow watchman goby...they need to be acclimated well and are shy at first but once established are resilient, peaceful, and have a bright yellow color. His frog like face cracks me up.  I also like my Springeri damsel—the metallic blue compliments the goby, moreover he’s a damsel so he’s tough but extremely peaceful species. 

Thanks I was thinking about a damsel also

I am rearranging my rock ( I brought some large rocks from Petco and don't want to brake them  up ) but if I leave room in the front of the tank so show off future stuff the rocks touch the back and if I leave enough room in the back to get something to clean there is little room in the front ? will post pic of what I end up with.

• 2 weeks later...

While our in the shed checking things hidden in the corner looking for old Aquarium I found this it is a Oceanic tank I got years ago the stand is missing but that can be DIY it measures 16LX16WX20 I figure about 22 gallons. even have the glass top. it was never used as Saltwater but let me get this 10 gal going 

IMGP0009.JPG

IMGP0010.JPG

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
On 5/10/2018 at 8:58 PM, 1891Bro said:

Do the 40. Do. The. 40. 

Hell  it’s like buying a motorcycle, just get what the big one cause you’ll wish you did later if you didn’t. 

God that is so true...i've had my 20 gallon for 4 months now and I'm already pissed that I didn't get something bigger...also next tank is going to be a cube screw the standard rectangle 

• Like 1

I started my 15g a year ago and am upgrading to a 40g now. I had the same thought process earlier because I wanted to "test" my interest in reefkeeping before spending too much money. But I definitely feel like 15g is very small now and am so excited to upgrade to the 40g I bought 😄

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, oceanboy said:

I started my 15g a year ago and am upgrading to a 40g now. I had the same thought process earlier because I wanted to "test" my interest in reefkeeping before spending too much money. But I definitely feel like 15g is very small now and am so excited to upgrade to the 40g I bought 😄

I'm torn...so many nice setups that I'm slowly stashing money away. I'm thinking I want an all in one tank.

1 minute ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I'm torn...so many nice setups that I'm slowly stashing money away. I'm thinking I want an all in one tank.

All in one is the way to go unless you like setting things up I kind of wish I went all in one but had the tank and other stuff laying around from previous years ago

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I told myself when I was first starting out that I'd hold myself back from splurging on too many corals and try not to spend that much money on an aquarium. One year later I'm still visiting my LFS every other week and buying something new...it never ends 😔 this hobby's too addictive. I also like AIO tanks

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, oceanboy said:

I told myself when I was first starting out that I'd hold myself back from splurging on too many corals and try not to spend that much money on an aquarium. One year later I'm still visiting my LFS every other week and buying something new...it never ends 😔 this hobby's too addictive. I also like AIO tanks

My lfs closed for health reasons have found some others but this guy was nicer and cheaper on some things

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
3 minutes ago, Gunbeaux said:

All in one is the way to go unless you like setting things up I kind of wish I went all in one but had the tank and other stuff laying around from previous years ago

lol That's how my 20 started. It was my qt for the cichlids and I basically never used it. Decided to move it and well here we are 4 months later and I'm in love with saltwater. :-)

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
5 minutes ago, oceanboy said:

It is very addictive....I have a problem with Rock flower nems lol. My LFS lets me know as soon as he gets new ones in so I can look to see if I'm buying them.

1 minute ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

It is very addictive....I have a problem with Rock flower nems lol. My LFS lets me know as soon as he gets new ones in so I can look to see if I'm buying them.

what size tank are you putting the RFN in one of the stores I visit has some thinking of going with them

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, Gunbeaux said:

what size tank are you putting the RFN in one of the stores I visit has some thinking of going with them

I have a standard 20g marineland tank.

Just now, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I have a standard 20g marineland tank.

I have a 20L laying around and the Petco $1 a gallon is in a couple of weeks might start one of move everything to it.

• Like 1