Top Shelf Aquatics

Jebao cross flow pumps or RW(OW) pumps? Which one to get

Plancton

I'm liking the logic behind the new Jebao cp cross flow pumps for a 24x24x12" shallow cube. However, Jebaos were known for failing after a few months, but they have been upgrading them everytime. I heard the new models (OW) don't fail anymore, does anyone have experience with them?

And I haven't heard much again from the Jebao cross flows, I just saw this video from 2016, the guy liked it but he said it stopped working after 3.5 months. What's your opinion?

1967type1

We just started stocking these in my store I work at and they work ok. One thing I noticed is it gets a lot hotter than any of the Ice-Caps and is louder as well. In terms of quality they are build almost identical to the Ice-Caps and look the same as well. The only thing that would stop me from buying this over the ice-cap is its only $20 less give or take, so why not go for a more reputable brand that runs cooler, quieter, and most likely will last longer.

14 hours ago, 1967type1 said:

We just started stocking these in my store I work at and they work ok. One thing I noticed is it gets a lot hotter than any of the Ice-Caps and is louder as well. In terms of quality they are build almost identical to the Ice-Caps and look the same as well. The only thing that would stop me from buying this over the ice-cap is its only $20 less give or take, so why not go for a more reputable brand that runs cooler, quieter, and most likely will last longer.

Thanks for the tip, would you prefer this over a regular wavemaker pump?, I think these gyres consume more wattage 2, it is either 1x gyre or 2x wavemakers

I definitely prefer the gyre over a regular wave maker in my tank because it is mostly sps corals but I still have one SW-4 in the back corner just for some added flow

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought the IceCap 1K Would that be sufficient For a biocube 29 I have an old Jeboa wp20 I have had it for 2 years its starting to make a sound every time it pulses and it didn't produce enough wave action my sand bed is never moved around for detritus to move around in the tank ?