SaltCritters.com

Anyone else use Current USA powerheads?

NanoRox

I have to say the ONLY real problems I have with my tank  are related to my Current USA and Loop wave maker set-up.  The water flow on these pumps degrades rapidly (after maybe a month) before I have to break them down and clean them so I can get the flow back.  They are never dirty so I assume just the act of taking them apart and reassembling does something to  get them back up and running.  I also have had to replace the controller hub after just a few months and today the strangest thing happened...one of the pumps started running backwards.  I did everything I read on various forums, turn the pump on and off, stopped the impeller so it could restart, cleaned the unit several times and nothing worked...it just ran backwards.  I had a spare pump that had also stopped working...wont even spin, and took the impeller from that unit and put it in the working unit (although backwards) and bingo!!! it pumped correctly.  Go figure. 

They are just too much trouble.  I have them now but will not be purchasing that brand again in the future.

12 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

I have their eFlux LOOP return pump on the 300 and it works great- i can’t even use full flow. 

They Pump a lot of water when they work.  I just can’t keep mine from losing performance very rapidly.   Always having to mess around with them.  

I have been running mine for about 4 months.  I have the smallest powerhead and i never seem to have any issues with it.  I have a peninsula tank so I run it on full blast to get movement all the way on the other side of the tank

22 hours ago, Aelvion said:

No issues here, been running 4 of them for about 5 weeks. All connected to the Bluetooth controller

does the Bluetooth controller allow for more flow pattern options?  How do you like it? 

1 hour ago, Duane Clark said:

does the Bluetooth controller allow for more flow pattern options?  How do you like it? 

I like it although most of the added features focus on the lighting. 

It does however allow you to Daisy chain additional wave or light hubs so you can add more than three pumps or 2 lights. For example, I have four wave pumps controlled by my Bluetooth hub. I have all four set to anti sync Gyre but I could easily put two into stream or wave mode while leaving the other two in Gyre.

It also has a night mode setting which slows down the pumps during the moonlight light cycle.

It has a temperature sensor with plans for full heater control and email alerts in the future. 

It also comes with speakers that adds audio effects to the weather patterns which kinda of cool. 

Lastly, it adds additional weather patterns that can be programmed into the daylight and moonlight cycles.

6 hours ago, Aelvion said:

I like it although most of the added features focus on the lighting. 

It does however allow you to Daisy chain additional wave or light hubs so you can add more than three pumps or 2 lights. For example, I have four wave pumps controlled by my Bluetooth hub. I have all four set to anti sync Gyre but I could easily put two into stream or wave mode while leaving the other two in Gyre.

It also has a night mode setting which slows down the pumps during the moonlight light cycle.

It has a temperature sensor with plans for full heater control and email alerts in the future. 

It also comes with speakers that adds audio effects to the weather patterns which kinda of cool. 

Lastly, it adds additional weather patterns that can be programmed into the daylight and moonlight cycles.

So it sounds like it makes more sense for a larger aquarium and one with their lights or can it control any light? 

1 minute ago, Duane Clark said:

So it sounds like it makes more sense for a larger aquarium and one with their lights or can it control any light? 

I use it with a 40 breeder. It is proprietary, only works with current usa loop LEDs, wave pumps and return pumps.

It doesnt have all the bells and whistles of like an apex but for cheap its a nice controller.  I have one too.  Hope they come out with some more probes for it.