Innovative Marine Aquariums

Anyone know what these are?

mpugh

First is commonly known as a pagoda cup coral around me. The second looks bleached so really tough to know what colors it will show when it recovers or reproduces. Zoanthid species as stated though. 

Thanks for your input. 

9 minutes ago, Rob22 said:

First is commonly known as a pagoda cup coral around me. The second looks bleached so really tough to know what colors it will show when it recovers or reproduces. Zoanthid species as stated though. 

It was that colour in my LFS and it has been there for at least a week as I seen it last weekend so I think that may be its colour 🤔

1 hour ago, mpugh said:

Thanks for your input. 

It was that colour in my LFS and it has been there for at least a week as I seen it last weekend so I think that may be its colour 🤔

It’s possible. All the ones I have ever seen that pale were either from lack of light or bleached from too much light. There are hundreds, if not thousands of color morphs though so it very well could be. A week won’t get a bleached coral to regain its color though. It can take months for a coral to recover. 

1 minute ago, Rob22 said:

It’s possible. All the ones I have ever seen that pale were either from lack of light or bleached from too much light. There are hundreds, if not thousands of color morphs though so it very well could be. A week won’t get a bleached coral to regain its color though. It can take months for a coral to recover. 

It has got a very pale pink tips with pale green centres, so fingers crossed it will come up looking lovely!