Cultivated Reef

snail/slug/? thing

DravenXavier

This has been bothering me for a while now. It started out a couple months ago as a tiny (1/8") baby thing. I thought maybe it was a slug or something (the lfs I got the liverock from which it apparently came from had plenty of small brown slugs climbing on the lr tank). Well, it's now a little over an inch long, and is definitely not one of those brown slugs. It has a metallic red shell contoured to the body. It's shell has very small, fine ridges. I'm not really worried about it, as it's doing a wonderful job of taking care of my diatom bloom (eats through it 100x better than my turbo snail :-P) but I would like to know if anyone has any idea of what it is.

He is cool looking...I'll give him that. It's one of those things where, no matter how much you look at it, it's just hard to figure out what it is you're looking at. I dunno. It's hard to explain. I'll see if I can find someone who'll let me use their digi cam, but don't count on it lol...no one likes me THAT much haha.

Jennie, I think you're right. The pic didn't show up, but I remember seeing them elsewhere. It's a gorgeous snail, and I'm hoping that since there's a few in there, I can get them to breed ;)

Archived