SaltCritters.com

fishies for my grandmammy

donoree

my g-ma is sick and i think it would be nice if a set up a small saltwater tank for her.

i've seen these small pico tanks at stores and online. i myself have a 14-gallon nano (6-months) which is coming along quite nicely, but oddly enough, I don't know what it takes to keep a small pico running

the dude at the LFS keeps a tiny one (so neat!) and he just changes the water once a month with the filter running.

is that all that is needed? (fish and small piece of live rock only)

thanks guys!

I have one, and it takes alot. You need to topoff everyday, or diy an auto-topoff. Water parameters can get outta hand really quick. You need to be ontop of every aspect of those little ones. I'd say that it is harder to maintain than your 16 gallon you have now.

If you do go for it, good luck; they are definately nice looking.

i figured it wasn't as easy as changing water once a month... but anyways, it seems like everyone has a different story.

thanks so much for the input!

If you want a nice tank get a Mini Bow, these are cheap, durable, have a nice amount of viewing area, and are fully customizable. I believe there is a MB3 or 2, these are borderline pico and would look nice with a few shrooms, zoo's, and maybe a ricordia or something like that. You could also throw in a hardy fish like a Neon or redhead.

Archived