ReefCleaners.org

looking for 3 id's please!

ReeferJones

thanks guys...so the first one is just algae, even the little branch looking thing growing?

and the other is a skeleton, any hopes it will comeback and do anything?

the first one is a hairy algae. some ppl think its firecoral, but it's just an algae. I had one, and its the same thing as your pic. As far as the lps skeleton, it looks like a lost cause. there doesnt seem to be any tissue on it

I don't mean to disagree with anyone, however I received a patch of lps coral EXACTLY like the one shown in picture 3. It came as a hitch hiker on my Indonesian LR. It was white and I also thought it was a lost cause, however several weeks later (including surviving the cycle) the white skeletal mass began to darken and regenerate. I cannot say that this will happen to yours, but it may give you hope. BTW, if anybody knows the name of the coral, please let me know. I have been searching for 6 months now --with little success

but that skeleton has nothing on it and the septa are no longer delicate. more than likely it is dead. shutter, if your coral is not encrusting gonipora like dodger suggested, it could also be an encrusting porite or actually any encrusting coral. go ahead and post a pic, you may get a positive id.

EtOH--

I looked up flowerpot, and that seems to be what I have. From what I have read, it is an extremely hard coral and is not expected to survive more than a year. I have had if for about 6 months now and in the last few days it has been reluctant to come out. Assuming that it will die (or is), how will I remove the decaying matter, to minimize a spike in ammonia. It is located on a main piece of rock that also has another encrusting hitch hiker coral. I will post pics when and if it decided to appear today. Thanks in advance

Archived