ReefCleaners.org

Is this what I think it is?

fortheloveofcrabs

fortheloveofcrabs

Is this what I think it is? I found it on the back side of a rock I have had in for about 8 months now, it is quite small, and is the only one in there. Any ideas?

Thanks is advance!

don't let it know you know because once it knows you know then it'll know that you're thinking of getting rid of it and then once it knows that you know you want to get rid of it, it knows.

If it's not being a bad anemone, don't provoke it. No point in trying to nuke it and in effect spreading tissue fragments all over your tank

fortheloveofcrabs

Well, it has been in the tank for 6 months now and has not done a thing. I just don't want it going hay wire on me. If I try and kill it now, there is only of of 'them'... Where as if I leave it, it could spread. Any tips on injecting it? Top/side, boiling water/lemon juice? Something else?

Not to wrry though, it has no idea I'm on to it. I never talk about it in ears shot, and never look directly at it.

• 2 weeks later...

Go with Joe's juice. Heard lots of success with it. Use a syringe and inject directly into the anemone. Somehow it works. Look it up in any of the local sponser websites. I am sure marinedepot or some similar store should sell it. Never used the stuff. May be worth a post to hear what people have to say...or first a search to see what people say. They can spread rapidly though if well fed and they can sting your fish.

Archived