Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Feeding the inverts on vacation?

Joaly

3 minutes ago, Joaly said:

Hi guys I will be out of town for 10 days , I have a fried shrimp and 2 astera snails in my 10 gallon reef tank 

I was looking at something like this on amazon for feeding feeding them while I was away ? Any suggestions please 

Zoo Med Laboratories AZMBB6 Plankton Banquet Block Feeder Giant, 2 Count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GF74X72/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_lRg4AbPZG3NT5

Was “fried” shrimp a freudian slip?  :lol:

That seems like a lot of food for just a shrimp and a snail. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
35 minutes ago, Joaly said:

I know , but are there any other options ? 

How old is the tank?  The snails should be fine with algae to munch unless the tank is brand new.  Is there anyone to stop by and drop in a pellet for the shrimp mid week?

• Like 2
Christopher Marks

I agree, unless your tank is brand spanking new, there should be enough in the tank to keep the snails and shrimp happy for just 10 days. An automated feeder would be overkill, and they're often a risk if something malfunctions while you're away.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Was “fried” shrimp a freudian slip?  :lol:

That seems like a lot of food for just a shrimp and a snail. 

I find dosing 50/50 Lemon juice and Cocktail sauce to be quite good for fried shrimp.  :lol:

• Haha 3

My tank is approx 5 weeks old . More worried about the fire ? shrimp lol then anyone else . 

Wv reefer. I wil be gone for 10 days . Are u talking about these pellets ?? 

Zoo Med Laboratories AZMBB6 Plankton Banquet Block Feeder Giant, 2 Count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GF74X72/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_N6m4AbSB0MVY7

I can drop one before I leave and ask a friend to drop in the middle of the week ? 

1 hour ago, Joaly said:

My tank is approx 5 weeks old . More worried about the fire ? shrimp lol then anyone else . 

Wv reefer. I wil be gone for 10 days . Are u talking about these pellets ?? 

Zoo Med Laboratories AZMBB6 Plankton Banquet Block Feeder Giant, 2 Count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GF74X72/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_N6m4AbSB0MVY7

I can drop one before I leave and ask a friend to drop in the middle of the week ? 

I was thinking more like a pellet you would feed fish but if you are set on using those feeder blocks I   would use a knife to chop it and then have a friend drop a small chunk in mid week.