Pod Your Reef

20 gallon high stocking

AlmightyJoshaeus

AlmightyJoshaeus

Hello all! My mother and I are planning to set up a 20 gallon high marine tank and wanted ideas on what to stock it with. I think 3 fishes would be a good limit for how many to put in this tank...any ideas? The tank is going to have macroalgae, so ideally no mega macroalgae eaters please. Thanks!

AlmightyJoshaeus

I was thinking of putting a pair of bangai cardinals in here and trying to spawn them...I have a 3 gallon macroalgae tank I could rear the fry in :)

53 minutes ago, AlmightyJoshaeus said:

Nope...still a dry tank. It is likely going to take months before it is ready, so I am planning ahead :)

You can try to plan your scape around the type of fish and other stock you want to keep then, an example being creating an overhang for an assessor or gramma to hang out under. What exactly are the dimensions of the tank?

Look into fang blennies, underrated fish. Also look into something like a geometric pygmy hawk, very cool looking fish but mine never ate for me.