inTank Media Baskets

Is it too early to add a Tuxedo Urchin

VictoryBell

VictoryBell

Hello all,

My tank has been running for 2 months now and so far everything has been progressing well (minus a clownfish jumping because I was stupid and didn't have a lid.) . I only have two clownfish and 2 nasarrius snails so far, and saw my lfs got a shipment of tuxedo urchins in today. I was wondering if it's too soon to add one of these guys to my tank? Or, should I wait a few months before doing so? 

(I can wait if that is the consensus, I'm just really enthused that there are urchins available.)

On 4/6/2018 at 2:23 AM, VictoryBell said:

Hello all,

My tank has been running for 2 months now and so far everything has been progressing well (minus a clownfish jumping because I was stupid and didn't have a lid.) . I only have two clownfish and 2 nasarrius snails so far, and saw my lfs got a shipment of tuxedo urchins in today. I was wondering if it's too soon to add one of these guys to my tank? Or, should I wait a few months before doing so? 

(I can wait if that is the consensus, I'm just really enthused that there are urchins available.)

What size tank and how much algae?  

VictoryBell
1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

Do you have a lot of coraline algae? They love to eat it. I believe when I had one it would eat nori I placed by it.

Right now I have a lot of brown algae , not coraline. I don’t mind feeding it nori (I just find them fascinating) 

1 hour ago, patback said:

What size tank and how much algae?  

It’s a IM 25g lagoon. Like I said brown algae but no coraline that I’ve noticed.