Coral Vue Hydros

Copedog's ADA 60P - First Reef

Copedog

Tank sure does look nice with the gorgonians.  I'm also planning to order quite a few gorgs and rics very soon.  If I may ask, what made you choose between KP Aquatics and Gulf Coast Ecosystems?  I've read that KP usually throws in a freebie, but they also charge more for shipping than Gulf Coast.  I believe both of these corals ship well, so I'm (naturally) leaning towards the cheaper option. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply.  Life has been busy. Tank is trucking along nicely.

@TatorTaco, main reason I went with GC was I really wanted try out some macros and I could get all of it shipped at once. Its been 2 months now and only one type of algae is showing some growth.  Other types are slowly melting away.  Not sure if its lighting, but everything else is doing great.

Params are stable and fish seem settled in.

Doubt I will add anything for a while.

Ooooh, just saw this tread, this is really coming along nice. This is very similar to what I would have done had I been a bit less constrained. Love ADA tanks. I also plan on stocking with gorgs, ricordea and macro and other easy stuff, sticking with a Florida/Caribbean theme. I even had a freshwater spec v too! We are basically twins. Interesting that the red macros arent doing too well for you, Ill keep that in mind.

• Like 1