Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Clownfish Help

IlliniMed

Hi All, 

Looking for a little guidance - I'm assuming the attached photos will tell me that my little one has an internal parasite? Second time in 5 days i've seen this white poop however this time it is extremely long about 30 minutes after feeding. If this is the case and a QT tank is not possible ATM... metroplex w/ focus combined to my NLS food? I have the regular NLS and not the Thera A oneShould I pick some of that up as well? Both eat very well. Any help is appreciated ! Thank you! 

IMG_2040.thumb.jpeg.b4c60abe95f2d66b9cc85296c56379ff.jpeg

IMG_2033-1.jpeg

IMG_2040.jpeg

IMG_2037.jpeg

Just now, burtbollinger said:

you might be able to pull off prazipro in the display...lots of folks say reef safe

Problem is the live rock I have came with a large amount of feather dusters as well as a bristle worm... Worried that may kill those. If that was the case would metro/focus be the best route or prazi still the way to go? .... And to be clear... this is what I think it is right? 

burtbollinger
10 minutes ago, IlliniMed said:

Problem is the live rock I have came with a large amount of feather dusters as well as a bristle worm... Worried that may kill those. If that was the case would metro/focus be the best route or prazi still the way to go? .... And to be clear... this is what I think it is right? 

i think it is likely is a sign of internal parasites.  I'd want to make sure this fish was eating and its better to catch it early.

I don't think I'd be too worried about a bristle worm and feather dusters....even if it did kill them... not trying to trample your sensitivities...but....well....you do the math, eh?   Clownfish starving to death....vs.  a worm.

Or you can go and buy a 10g QT tank, an extra heater, a filter, mix up some water and have yourself a nice little QT. 

Frankly...I'd go with the Prazipro in the display.

Or you could research the method you're thinking of...

• 2 weeks later...

I just got 2 wyoming whites the other day one has had this long white poop. I did not think much about it but saw another post about it being a potentially serious infection. I saw a few posts on various sites recommending NLS Hex Shield. Does anyone have any experience with it?

On 4/12/2018 at 7:13 PM, MrJoel said:

I just got 2 wyoming whites the other day one has had this long white poop. I did not think much about it but saw another post about it being a potentially serious infection. I saw a few posts on various sites recommending NLS Hex Shield. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Metroplex + focus w/ NLS Thera A for 2 -3 weeks has cleared up my little guys. Highly recommend