ReefCleaners.org

Yellow Watchman in bad shape...need help

billpa

I've had my YWG for about two months now. Over the course of <24 hrs., he has small red spots/legions on his body. One of his eyes is also red. I have not changed anything during this time. He actually looked good yesterday morning when I went out shopping with my wife. When I returned last night, he looked like he got into a bar fight. See image below:

DSC02713.jpg

This is the best picture I could get as he is a bit skiddish when it comes to photography. Like I said before, he also has red spots on his body. His breathing is normal and he is eating like a pig. No lethargic movements. His other tankmates are a cherub angel, 2 false percs and a PJ cardinal. My tank is 45g and all parameters are fine.

Does anybody have an idea what might be happening? Also, I dont know if I could catch him in my tank being there is tons of LR and my tank is deep and irregularly shaped (pentagon). So I dont know a QT with meds in possible.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

billpa

EDIT: I did just recently add a third MJ1200 for more flow. It has kicked up a bit more sand than previously...not a sand storm per se but grains can be flying around every now and then. Could this be hurting him?

i doubt the cause of your problems is the new PH. what i would try is some melafix, its is reef safe is good for healing wounds and bacterial infections, that is about as far as i would go at this point.

Archived