Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Petco ONLINE purchasing

IlliniMed

So I understand that Petco has been a no go zone for a long time (Unless you find that one very very rare store that allows their guys to run the correct setup) .. however what is everyones opinion on buying from them online? I've heard that they get their fish/inverts directly from the wholesalers like everyone else so would it be any different from buying online with them? Their invert prices (cleaner shrimp, etc) are pretty low. Anyone have experience? Thanks! 

17 hours ago, partlycloudy531 said:

I’m pretty sure they use Live Aquaria for their online livestock sales. 

Does it go directly from LiveAquaria or through Petco systems? Don't understand how their invert prices can be so low compared to other places online 

partlycloudy531
6 hours ago, IlliniMed said:

Does it go directly from LiveAquaria or through Petco systems? Don't understand how their invert prices can be so low compared to other places online 

I’m not sure. Petco owns Doctor Foster and Smith which is who runs Live Aquaria. I’d assume that Petco wouldn’t operate a separate online fish store. I’m sure you could call them and ask. 

• 2 weeks later...
nolongerusing

I can tell you that the employees in the store can ship premixed saltwater (Imaginarium Brand) to your door and waive shipping. This is what I did before I found an LFS. 

I would expect the same to be true for livestock, but I guess it boils down to the employees helping you. 

• Like 1