Coral Vue Hydros

Does this look okay?

embrit345

So this is my final scape for my upgrade.

I have used reef rock and shall be using colony

All is reef putty held in place and has left a good amount of flow and swimming room hopefully.

Am conscious to have some slighlty shaded areaas for any corals who prefer lower lighting conditions also.

Anything you would add or take away please? xx

cubefinalscape1.png

cubefinalscape2.png

Forgot to add - this is only with 1 of my 2 lights above the tank so looks much more shaded than it actually will be/is.  The other prime HD is over my nano until changeover took place xx

• Like 1

Nice scape!  having the branches go upward with the platforms is a nice and unique look. What size tank is that? It looks huge. The only thing I can think of is a 150 cube but the ratios are a bit off...  Maybe it's just the perspective since the AI Prime is the only thing I have as a size reference.

Is the tank dry in the pics? If not how did you get that drop off on the right side of the sand bed?  It would be really bad ass to have that in a tank.  You would need some sort of concrete form for that though - or a really big rock you could cut down.  

IMO that tank is pretty deep to use AI primes...  I'm guessing you'll be keeping mostly low light corals?  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Very unique, I like all the levels available, it should give you a lot of options for placement. Does it wrap around a center overflow?

No hun - there is a central weir but the scape is actually about 3" clear of that at the back and I have an MP10 that gives flow to that area quite low in the tank :D 

5 hours ago, ajmckay said:

Nice scape!  having the branches go upward with the platforms is a nice and unique look. What size tank is that? It looks huge. The only thing I can think of is a 150 cube but the ratios are a bit off...  Maybe it's just the perspective since the AI Prime is the only thing I have as a size reference.

Is the tank dry in the pics? If not how did you get that drop off on the right side of the sand bed?  It would be really bad ass to have that in a tank.  You would need some sort of concrete form for that though - or a really big rock you could cut down.  

IMO that tank is pretty deep to use AI primes...  I'm guessing you'll be keeping mostly low light corals?  

The tank is a Aquareef 275 its so deceivingly sized lol

The tank in the pics is dry and all th rock is reef putty together ( fingers crossed it stays that way lol )

Coral wise I am a bit of a zoa addict but have a few lps in there too and some other softies.  Maintenance I wanted to be minimal and definitely don't want to get to the point of dosing and stress lol  Allthough the platform levels will allow me to have a couple of very low maintenance SPS towards th top of th tank.

Here it is at the moment, wet for 5 days now and seems to be settling well :D ( the goniopra was in bad shape hen it arrived to me and hasn't improved so will be going to my local LFS tomorrow sadly )

wetday4.png

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Seems like one of those scapes that looks a little off by itself but that will look amazing once the corals grow in a little. I'm expecting good things!

Edit. Your last picture is already there. Nice work.