Coral Vue Hydros

Shrimp/Goby Pairing

CeresReef

Hi All,

I have a question, I am looking into getting a pink spotted goby, and am trying to find a shrimp to pair with it.  I love how the Yasha goby and randalli shrimp look so sharp together, my question is Does anyone know of any other shrimp that would pair with a goby, that may have blu-ish markings on it? 

Let me know,

Ceres

ToplessCube

I have a tiger pistol shrimp and a yellow watchman goby. They never get more than three inches away from one another. Totally cute! Unfortunately, I’m not real familiar with many of the goby species but my watchman has tiny blue spots if that helps. ?

I don’t know of one with bluish markings, but a tiger pistol may pair with it. Just keep in mind there is never a guarantee that any pistol and goby will pair, or even keep paired in your tank if they are already paired at the store. I had a yellow watchmen goby and a tiger pistol that I bought that were paired in the store. The store is half a mile from my house so I watched them everyday for about a week, bigger tank too not like a little display cube. Bought them and when they went into my display, they shot to opposite ends of the tank and never found each other again. A few months later the goby turned up dead and I bought a new yellow watchman. Within 5 minutes he had found the shrimp and they bonded.