Pod Your Reef

Does this euphyllia look happy?

HippieSquirrel

HippieSquirrel

Not sure if it’s a torch or hammer anymore.. It’s supposed to be a torch, thought it was adjusting but 3 weeks later it looks like this.  I moved it from the rock to the sand bed cause I thought it might be getting blasted.  Not much change but not worse either but this is only a few days later.  The tips look more like a hammer to me and if it is then I don’t think I should be worried about it.  If it is a torch then I’ve got problems.. either way the tentacles look very tiny compared to pictures and from what I remember of ones I’ve seen in person (this is my first euphyllia).  

Any tips appreciated, I have multiple sps, acans, blastos, a gorgonian, zoas, a mushroom and RFAs in the tank and this is the only thing giving me trouble.. I’m stumped.  My pocillopora frag has doubled in size during this time and I have had no livestock deaths.  From what I can tell flesh isn’t receding either.  It just seems to be staying the way it is.. or taking its death extremely stubbornly.  

4C7C4F28-AABE-486A-8CC3-C5DC5D726DF6.thumb.jpeg.bfb553d8dd034164b32f502c5d4a3cdd.jpeg

• Like 1
HippieSquirrel
32 minutes ago, GraniteReefer said:

Hammer for sure and it looks like you bought a mini colony not just a frag! Nice find and it looks nice and puffy.

Great, I've been driving myself nuts these past few weeks.. gonna stick to wysiwyg from now on!  Although you're right it was a nice find, I was pleasantly surprised with its size!