Top Shelf Aquatics

Retro T5 DIY Help?

Okinawa_Reefer

Okinawa_Reefer

Asking the pros out there....

I'm currently running a single AI Prime HD over my biocube. I REALLY like the idea of having a T5 LED retrofit combo such as the Aquatic Life Hybrids. The only downside I see with those is that they are 24 inches wide and the biocube is only approx 20 inches wide and I think the Aquatic Life would look a little goofy overtop of the biocube. Anyone have any suggestions on how to DIY some smaller T5 bulbs along with the AI Prime, or am I just grasping at straws here?

• 4 weeks later...

There is an 18w t5ho bulb out there it's 18" I believe. I had a small two bulb fixture a while back, but the bulbs were hard to find. I only found a bright white and an actinic blue, but I think Amazon has a purple. Coralife was the brand I believe. Good luck! Post pics of the retrofit once you find what you're looking for

Okinawa_Reefer
7 hours ago, el_ote said:

There is an 18w t5ho bulb out there it's 18" I believe. I had a small two bulb fixture a while back, but the bulbs were hard to find. I only found a bright white and an actinic blue, but I think Amazon has a purple. Coralife was the brand I believe. Good luck! Post pics of the retrofit once you find what you're looking for

Thanks man, but I've decided to go another route with stronger LEDs once I found a good deal. Now running an Ecotech XR15 Gen 4 Pro which has enough par for my SPS needs :D

• Like 1