ReefCleaners.org

New seachem tidal power filter — loud rattling

Muffin87

I just got a seachem tidal filter today and put in my new tank setup.

It rattles like hell. I thought this unit was supposed to be very quiet.

Anyone knows if there’s a trick to make it quiet?

Mine was silent. I checked it every day to see if it was actually on. Not even water noise.

Sicce pumps are known to be quiet.

Not sure what the issue is.

2 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Probably a loose impeller, pop off the cover and look.

I tried pushing the impeller into the pump. But I didn't notice any particular difference.

Is the impeller properly in place if it doesn't wiggle? 

• 1 year later...

My Tidal 35 was incredibly loud. The plastic part of the impeller adjacent to where it joins to the magnet had a tiny bump where it was cut from the mold sprue. I filed it down smooth with a fine sanding stick, the kind used for plastic model building. Now I cannot hear it at all. Check your impeller for the same issue. Now that the noise problem is solved, the filter works great.

• 1 year later...
On 9/7/2019 at 8:26 AM, msudul said:

My Tidal 35 was incredibly loud. The plastic part of the impeller adjacent to where it joins to the magnet had a tiny bump where it was cut from the mold sprue. I filed it down smooth with a fine sanding stick, the kind used for plastic model building. Now I cannot hear it at all. Check your impeller for the same issue. Now that the noise problem is solved, the filter works great.

I was wondering if you could show us exactly and where in the impeller was smoothened by your filling.

Thanks so much!

On 9/7/2019 at 8:26 AM, msudul said:

I have a Tidal that rattles at mid to high flow setting.

I was wondering if you could show us how and exactly where in the impeller was smoothened by your filling...

Thanks a million in advance!