Cultivated Reef

Hello! New reefer in the making! Updated - November Update!

PapoReef

Hello guys! Its been a while, time for an update maybe. All have been going well. added livestock. For corals I have green hammer, a pink tipped frogspawn, some plain green-yellowish palys, christmas favia and a kenia tree. For fish/inverts I'm housing a YWG, a hermit and an astrea snail. All look quite happy. For the filtration, i left the first chamber with some filter floss, middle chamber with the heater and a little bag of carbon, and third chamber return pump. Got rid of the hood and switched to a coral moon, that has worked out quite well. As for maintenance, the glass gets cleaned when I think its not looking good, maybe twice a week. rocks get turkeybasted before water changes, and also feed everyone before WC. Sand gets partially cleaned if needed be. Water changes happen every one or two weeks and I try to clean pretty well when i do them. I have been adding AF Pro Bio S every 2 days, a drop, as i had a little cyano from last weekend when someone (nobody confessed, but I guess who was the culprit) fed like crazy with coral food and fish food while I was away for the weekend. Bummer. Aside from that, the tank has been looking quite happy, things are growing. I don't test really often, only when something looks off, and I top off every day.Thinking of getting an aussie gold torch, as one of my lfs are bringing some next week. This picure is from a last week. I'll be posting more! hahaha. Cheers!

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 1.08.14 AM.png

• 4 weeks later...