Pod Your Reef

Ocean Box Designs Frag Rack and Shroom Box

Jake270

So I went to the LFS for some freshwater supplies and of course had to look at corals and like many of us came home with a few more things then intended. Anyways had some SPS frags and some mushrooms that were not attached to anything that came home.Then with my little 20g had no room and was in desperate need of a frag rack. Found OceanBoxDesigns.com and decided to order the large frack stick that holds 8 a few singles and most importantly the shroom box. Messaged the owner because i wanted them overnighted and he was able to hook me up. The racks are great. Magnets are super strong and haven’t budged holding several LPS and SPS frags. Takes up very little room in my novo 20 and actually allows me to keep a close eye on growth for some of the new ones.

The Shroom box is what really impressed me the most though. I got the mini which is 4″x4″ and it has been great. keeps my shrooms out of a container on my sand bed which i no longer have room for and can adjust the height easily to acclimate to lighting as desired. The 4 magnets are holding the box with several larger pieces of rubble with no problem. The box allows plenty of water in but the flow does not move the shrooms around from where i have them placed. They have all since expanded nicely and the box is actually not bad to look at either.

also purchased two of the single frag racks which I’m planning to space out some GPS on the rear chamber wall to help get is spreading in multiple spots at a time. Anyways no affiliation with the company or the owner just a nice guy with a good product and amazing customer service. If your in need or want a really nice frag rack definitely check out his site.

Thanks for the review. I've been thinking about grabbing a shroom box for a while now when I next have the funds, so this is good to hear.

• Like 1