ReefCleaners.org

Should I kill him?

CarolinaShoreReef

CarolinaShoreReef

Okay, so I thought my peppermint was doing some house keeping on the torch, that I literally just picked up. Should I kill this little $hit lol? Got cut off when I tried getting him with the skewer haha. 

CarolinaShoreReef
3 minutes ago, Cintax said:

Banish to the sump maybe 

I will keep him in there but I think he'll jump out since it's just a nano AIO. Definitely taking him back to the lfs his job was to kill the aiptasia and now killing is in his blood, I just saw him try again. 

image.jpg

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, CarolinaShoreReef said:

...  his job was to kill the aiptasia and now killing is in his blood... 

Omg. Killing me here. 

• Haha 1
CarolinaShoreReef

He's in time out forever now haha (JK taking him to the lfs as soon as I can) 

image.jpg

image.jpg

23 minutes ago, hyoib said:

Love the clickbait title.

Sorry I'm a YouTuber too ?

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

So many people don't seem to find out that peppermints that like to eat aiptasia also like to eat other corals that taste like aiptasia, which is just about all of the fleshy ones.  

Omnivore inverts are NOT picky eaters, at alllllllllll in most cases.  They are also pigs and will eat as much and as often as they can, usually far more than you want to feed your tank so its impossible to keep them satiated.  

If something likes to eat nems, its likely to enjoy eating some coral too.  If something likes to eat algae, its likely to eat your fancy algaes and plants as well.  etc.

Peppermints are usually not worth the hassle unless you run a FOWLR or a very specific list of corals.