SaltCritters.com

First online order- so not happy

Clown79

So for the first time ever, I decided to do an order online for 2 corals.

The site first off states they will contact you to arrange shipment day and time- this did not happen. I received a notice it was shipped and stayed home all day the next day.

Corals arrived at 7:30pm! 

The torch I ordered was not doing good. It was not a cheap purchase either.

There were tentacles floating in the water, one side was all brown (not jelly), and there were black spots on the tentacles.

The water was frigid, the coral was smashed up against the little bag it was wrapped in.

I immediately contact the store with pics.

I get the run around bs story!

No responses to any further emails from me.

3 days later I am informed via email I would get a credit for the torch as it was damaged in shipping (I think it wasn't a great specimen when shipped and just went to shits from there on)

So after responding appreciatively, I expect to see a credit on my credit card. 

Nope. No credit on my card

So I inquire about the credit and the continued decline of the torch- still no response.

Not only has this been the worst coral shopping experience and we know how much we like coral shopping but its been the worst online customer service to date.

So my advice. When ordering online, stick with big companies that are known to treat their customers properly.

The store I dealt with is in Canada but also ships to the US and I would not recommend them.

• Wow 1

Dang that sucks!! Sorry this happened.. I have always been afraid to order online because of this... which company did you order from??

It does suck and now I'm stuck dealing with them because instead of refunding my money I have a store credit only able to use for livestock.

Now I have to pay shipping again. 

Big Show frags.

After this, I won't do online livestock shopping. It's not worth the stress and cost.

I wonder if it's worth a call to the bank to get your money back that way? You paid for goods that were not provided as agreed, you don't want a store credit because this is an untrustworthy vendor. Again, not sure if it would be worth it, but maybe since you know you don't want to purchase with them again?

32 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

I wonder if it's worth a call to the bank to get your money back that way? You paid for goods that were not provided as agreed, you don't want a store credit because this is an untrustworthy vendor. Again, not sure if it would be worth it, but maybe since you know you don't want to purchase with them again?

That's a good idea.  Or specifically the credit card company.  You can actually file claims with them for issues such as these.

Sucks though that you're having this issue.  I'm sure it's very frustrating.

dang... i've always been weary of online orders which is why i always purchased from the LFS.  but then....i just made my first online order last night... we'll see what happens.  

It is very frustrating and limiting ppl with their "policies" is like robbing from the consumer.

When a company is unwilling to work with a customer, you lose all faith in them and don't trust them to want to deal with them.

Good customer service is giving a customer what they want. They are more likely to return to you and give good reviews.

When you aren't willing to help out your customer- the customer doesn't return.

I'm going to look into doing a claim with my credit card company.

• Like 2

I hope whatever is left of the coral survives, but you should get a refund because you didn't pay big money to nurse a dying coral back to health. :( Good luck.

The stuff on their website looks so overexposed, that usually ends me running right there as their pics wont really represent what you will receive. Their shipping info says they may make you ship stuff back? Get out of here! 

12 hours ago, Tamberav said:

I hope whatever is left of the coral survives, but you should get a refund because you didn't pay big money to nurse a dying coral back to health. :( Good luck.

The stuff on their website looks so overexposed, that usually ends me running right there as their pics wont really represent what you will receive. Their shipping info says they may make you ship stuff back? Get out of here! 

The policies are ridiculous aren't they. Lol.

Credit must be used on livestock, can't be used for shipping either so I'm stuck paying more $$$.

I hope the torch makes it but my experience with euphyllia - any that i have purchased that weren't in perfect condition, don't fair well. 

Thanks so much everyone for listening to my rant!

At least the monti I got was really nice 

squamptonbc

I ordered from them last year. Was not thrilled with them and would not order again. I wont order online again from anywhere.

5 hours ago, squamptonbc said:

I ordered from them last year. Was not thrilled with them and would not order again. I wont order online again from anywhere.

Ya, they seem to have an attitude. Not friendly at all and they don't respond to emails very well.

Clearly they don't care about keeping the customer happy.

Unfortunately I have to deal with them again due to the in store credit.

Because they are unwilling to give me a refund or bend policies- I will not ever deal with them again.

good customer service is about bending the rules to keep customers happy.

I have been vey pleased with Unique Corals and Mr. Salty (cant think of the company name but they are a sponsor here).   Unique is a very large operation with huge frags and Mr. Salty is smaller but with very healthy and well priced frags (but smaller than Unique corals). 

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old post,  but you’re not the only one.  He’s doing the same thing to me but for something that he missed on my order that I paid for.  Zero response to emails or phone calls. 
🤷🏼‍♀️ Straight up goin somewhere else from now on. 

41 minutes ago, Batmom2016 said:

I know this is an old post,  but you’re not the only one.  He’s doing the same thing to me but for something that he missed on my order that I paid for.  Zero response to emails or phone calls. 
🤷🏼‍♀️ Straight up goin somewhere else from now on. 

I used the credit I had for inverts and 1 other coral. 

I won't deal with them again. They never have any different livestock, its always the same.

There are other better stores to deal with here in Cda.

Candy Corals

Fragbox

Burlington Coral store - they don't generally ship but apparently they can arrange it. They are really great to deal with.

4 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

I used the credit I had for inverts and 1 other coral. 

I won't deal with them again. They never have any different livestock, its always the same.

There are other better stores to deal with here in Cda.

Candy Corals

Fragbox

Burlington Coral store - they don't generally ship but apparently they can arrange it. They are really great to deal with.

Yeah big show won’t even respond to me.  So I consider that money a loss.  

And for sure,  I’m looking at JL right now for livestock 

1 hour ago, Batmom2016 said:

Yeah big show won’t even respond to me.  So I consider that money a loss.  

And for sure,  I’m looking at JL right now for livestock 

I haven't dealt with them since so I can't comment but I would call if they are ignoring the emails.

If you are out west there is also canada corals.

I know fragbox is supposed to be fantastic and ships throughout Canada, Candy Corals ships as well and they have amazing stuff. The guy knows what he's doing and if you are looking for corals you don't commonly see in LFS and other places, Candy Corals is the go to.

NaturallyKait

I agree with the recommendation for Fragbox. They’re the only place I’ve ordered corals from to ship here in Canada and my orders have always been perfect. 

On 8/14/2020 at 9:25 PM, FollyFish said:

Im not happy with them either, you can read my thread on fuzzy fantasy to see what I think of them. I won't go back either. 

After fighting with them, I finally got refunded for the missing creatures in my order but not for the DOAs. 
🤷🏼‍♀️ I’ll never go back to them at all,  they’re quick to take your money, and even quicker to point blame when something goes wrong. 

• Like 1