Coral Vue Hydros

Coral feeding logic. Logical?

apex003

I've read that zoas, shrooms, and rics absorb some of their nutrients from the water in addition to photosynthesis. However, I run a Remora on my 18g tank which seems to pull a lot out of the water. That's obvioulsy good to prevent build-up, but isn't it also depleting the same nutrients that my corals might need? My question is: Is a logical solution to feed my tank with Vibragrow pellet food to increase the amount of new dissolved nutrients so that my skimmer is not starving my corals? I don't have any fish right now, just a cleaner shrimp, some hermits and some snails, and I've tried cyclopeeze, but the corals don't seem to eat it.

I've tried spot feeding rics and zoas with my pumps off, but there's no visible capture response. My button polyps have captured and consumed pellet and cyclopeeze, but that's just a one shot feeding. My main question is whether dissolve pellet food will increase beneficial nutrients for continual passive uptake that my skimmer is otherwise depleting.

my remora didn't produce skimmate 24/7, so now my remora is only on 8 hrs during daylight. purpose is now not to overskim and also let critters feed at night. my ric yuma will eat mysis shrimp. it's now nice and healthy. as for your question, general feeding of tank may be beneficial as it may support organisms that you don't see. just be sure not to cause spike in nitrates.

Archived