Pod Your Reef

Pod "Farm"

NanoRox

Most people run without lights. Some claim that they get better results that way, but I haven't tested personally.

That looks like it should produce quite a large population for you.

Just now, Beer said:

Most people run without lights. Some claim that they get better results that way, but I haven't tested personally.

That looks like it should produce quite a large population for you.

Hmmm...I’m running it with phyto.  Seems like I would need lights.  I guess I will find out.  :-) 

I suppose it depends on how much you are dosing and whether you are typing to propagate the phyto in he container.

Would be interesting to see if you notice a difference in how quickly the water clears between running with and without he light.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Beer said:

I suppose it depends on how much you are dosing and whether you are typing to propagate the phyto in he container.

Would be interesting to see if you notice a difference in how quickly the water clears between running with and without he light.

True.  It’s all one big experiment at the moment. 

I will be following along.  Just this morning I set up to grow “tigger pods.”  I have started with Phytofeast as the food but when I picked up the pods yesterday I see that Reed Mariculture has recently issued a new instruction sheet that suggests their SDaquarist blend of organisms works even better.  I will order a bottle of that through my lfs to avoid the shipping cost.

Keep is updated!

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

I saw where someone made a “Pod Hotel,” out of this plastic sheeting like they make the Real Estate signs out of, that Pop up every weekend along the highways. It’s the stuff that has a Honeycomb in the middle of it. They cut it to the size they could hide it in the tank, and glued several layers together. They glued a couple of flat glass marbles to it to keep it submerged. It was full of pods after a week. 

• Like 1