Coral Vue Hydros

Blue reef chromis

smcquary

burtbollinger

lots of folks start with many and then they kill themselves down to one.

also....my brief experience is to make sure you give them the FULL long quarantine process...I had a very healthy looking one die in QT of what I suspect was Uronema marinum...He was fine for the first two weeks....then one day, boom....classic Uronema symptoms.  Dead.  (No I didnt have a microscope or whatever to confirm)

Not to be a controversial fear monger....but take a few min. to read about Chromis and Uronema before committing.  Personally, I'd not buy a chromis again.

As it stands...IMO...Chromis are one fish where you MUST MUST MUST QT....just hoping for the best and tossing one in can kill your tank....permanently....no fallow period fix possible.  Its literally a 'shut down, start over from scratch' scenario.

As such, if you don't have a temp. QT set up yet, you definitely need to factor in those costs with this particular fish....my costs: 

The fish itself + 7 weeks of time + a 10g tank + a separate heater + a separate filter + PVC pipes for over + seperate water for water changes  + seperate water for water container for water changes + ammonia guard checker....and with possible uronema present, you need to be super paranoid about cross contamination...