inTank Media Baskets

? for Fritz RPM users

NanoRox

Has anyone noticed the alk much higher in the Fritz salt mix than listed on their website?  I am mixing water today for a water change tomorrow and had a wild hair to check the alk in the new water since my tank alk is sitting at 8.2 (I would like to bring it up a bit).  anyway, I tested the water using my hanna checker and expected to see mid 8's but read 9.7...twice!  

I have been using this salt batch for a month now and have not seen any ill effects so I wont flip out over it (I change about 3 gallons weekly from my 14g nano) true volume is probably 10 or 11 gallons.  

I've had the opposite problem. I picked up a 200 gallon box over the summer and it only mixes to 7.0 dKH. I add a teaspoon of Alk buffer to each fresh batch of water before I use it for my water change to bring it closer to where I keep my tank.

15 minutes ago, TheBig053 said:

I've had the opposite problem. I picked up a 200 gallon box over the summer and it only mixes to 7.0 dKH. I add a teaspoon of Alk buffer to each fresh batch of water before I use it for my water change to bring it closer to where I keep my tank.

That's actually what I was planning on doing (with the goal of raising the alk) until I tested