Coral Vue Hydros

Can't get scheduling to work after network change

Hi, I'm having an issue with schedules.  I'm sure it's a simple fix, but can't figure it out, hopefully someone can help.

I have a bluefish Mini, connected to a custom in-hood build.   It's based on RadpidLED's retrofit kit for the Red Sea Max 250.  I built it about 2 years ago and it's been absolutely magnificent.  I have 2 blue, 2 warm white, and one UV channel and it's set up to simulate a location in Fiji.   It's worked perfectly from day one with no issues, including the lightning feature, clouds, and all the dynamic settings. I've never once had to mess with it once i got it configured.

About a month or so ago I got a new Wifi router and all of my network settings changed.  I went into Blinkup and flashed the Bluefish to give it the new wifi settings.  I logged into the app, and I can see the controller.  I can make changes and adjust everything fine.   When I go into the sliders, I can adjust the lights and they respond properly, so I think it's connected to the wifi OK.   Ever since then, my settings are off.    I had it  set to a fairly blue pallet, with a little white and UV mixed in.  It would ramp up during the day, taper off in the evening, and go to only a .2 blue moon light at night.  When I go into the settings for time of day, those settings are still in there.   If i hit "preview" they all look right, and the schedule and ramp-ups look right.  However, the lights don't follow that schedule.  They turn off completely at night.   At some point in the morning they come on low and ramp up slowly during the day and taper down at night according to some other schedule.   The light channels ramp up and down at synchronized levels, with all 5 channels set to the same level.   I can't seem to find where the controller is pulling these settings from, as nothing in the app looks like that.  I have to confess I started clicking things when I noticed the problem, so I've changed a lot of the settings and attempted to change them back.  It's entirely possible I've done something simple that I can't find now.

So, of course.  I've been messing with this for a month, and 5 minutes after I post I figured it out myself.  Hopefully this will help someone else:

Under "Settings", "extras", there is "Custom Setting Preview".   Under "Enable Custom Schedule", mine was set to "enabled".  I switched it back to "disabled" and it instantly went back to my correct custom settings.  No idea how that got switched, but hopefully it'll point someone else in the right direction if they have similar issues.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/7/2018 at 12:01 PM, drodge said:

So, of course.  I've been messing with this for a month, and 5 minutes after I post I figured it out myself.  Hopefully this will help someone else:

Under "Settings", "extras", there is "Custom Setting Preview".   Under "Enable Custom Schedule", mine was set to "enabled".  I switched it back to "disabled" and it instantly went back to my correct custom settings.  No idea how that got switched, but hopefully it'll point someone else in the right direction if they have similar issues.

Thanks for replying to this. I have had a few customers do the same accidentally. 

Regardless it is an easy fix! 

-Dave

• Recommended Discussions