Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Flasher wrasse or Orchid dottyback?

roblox84

I would like to add another fish to my nano cube and was wondering if you guys can help me decide between a linespot flasher wrasse or an orchid dottyback.

Right now I have two fish, a pajama cardinal and yellow assessor. I love the looks of the orchid dottyback but I read they could become territorial in a smaller tank, what do you think? Or should I play it safe and go with the flasher wrasse as to not disturb the peace in the tank?

Orchid Dottyback would might get Aggressive towards the Assessor. They have very similar body shapes and generally inhabit the same areas. Also, Dottybacks are just jerks in the first place.

Flasher Wrasse would probably be the safest addition IMHO

Yeah; the males are the one you're thinking of when it comes to the coloration in your mind's eye. Females, like many of those in the animal kingdom, don't feel the need to get all 'Gussied Up' and are more plain looking. Sill cool colors and all, just not with the cool lines and such.

Flasher wrasse would probably do better in a tank with more swimming room, and the Assessor and dottyback might not work even though Orchids are usually peaceful. A small species of gang blenny or a pink streak/possum wrasse could work.