ReefCleaners.org

Kenyan tree of 2 + years suddenly collapsing - Recent new light ?

Laurenscube

Hi Guys 

My Kenyan tree long standing member of my reef tank. approx 2 weeks after I got my new API prime light has started to bend and collapse it has gone all skinny and shrunken still has polyps on and doesn't seem to be straightening again.

This coral has always done well in my tank for the last  few years. Do you think it could be because of the new light??? Could it be too strong ?? Seems abit of a coincidence it started changing since I got a new light??. Previous light was in the hood of a very basic all in one tank setup. It is at the top of my tank Any help would be great as think will try and move it this weekend if it is the light. 

Water Parameters good, dkh not to high or low,no other corals or fish hurting it. I only have clown fish and a goby. 

PLEASE HELP

Thanks

Lauren

IMG_5421.jpg

IMG_5422.JPG

Hi lauren 

It most prob is the light . trying putting it on the bottom. Kenya tree dont require intense lighting.. I lost my Kenya tree when i first upgraded my biocube to LED. 

What are your intensity setting on the light?

• Like 1

When mine is happy it bends over like that to reproduce, spreading a clone on the rocks it bends into.  You could try reducing the white channel(s) and see if it improves, but generally they adapt quickly, at least in my experience.   

• Like 1