ReefCleaners.org

Pics-my small clown and shrimp

Sahin

Here's a pic of my smaller clownfish.

I managed to get a decent shot of him today.

clown.jpg

And my silly shrimpy:

shrim.jpg

I am planning to buy the new Nikon Coolpix 5700 digital camera. At £1000 ($1600 US) its serious money, but its got great specs. Anyone got one of the higher coolpix series camera models?

great pics sahin. you take such good photos already why spend the money and a better camera? set-up another reef with it!!!!!!!lol

I am planning to take down my 75G African cichlid tank. Working 5-6 days a week means I dont have enough time for my fish tanks. Another reef tank would not be suitable right now. My 24G tank is all I can manage with my workload.

I have always been interested in Photography and Digital camera with high specs will give me plenty of fast options, better quality and magnification.

Nice Pics! What a purrty Clown, Sahin. Your Cleaner Shrimp is very nice looking as well. Does it clean your hand if you put it in the tank?

I do not know about the Nikon series of cameras at all so I am no help there. I would however suggest going and trying it out before purchasing it if at all possible to make sure it is what you want.

Gil

Thanks, I'll let my shrimp and clownfish know they got compliments. :D

tgrupert: I am using the old Canon A20 powershot camera. Its a 2MegaPixel camera. Apart from the white balance there are no other manual controls which makes quite useless for anything other than quick holiday snapshots.

But I have by now mastered this camera and can achieve quite decent shots-even then I have to take many shots to get one good shot.

Gilman, thanks. Yes, the cleaner shrimp does start to clean my hand if I put my hand in the water. At times it becomes quite annoying. Nice little trick at first, but I get annoyed now mostly. Hehehe

Regarding the Nikon CP 5700 camera; I already play around with it at work (I work in computer sales, and I have been put in the Digital Camera section). Its an awesome camera.

The 8x Optical zoom is just amazing.

I can pick up this camera for about £850 instead of the retail price of about £1000 everyone else will pay-hehehe its pays to work there in many ways-hehehehe :D

hey sahin. are you selling your old camera? i might be intersted if you are selling when you get your new high-tech fancy-smancy camera that i wont be able to afford for another 10 years.

I just want a digital back for my OOOOOOOOOOLD manual nikon. for people that don't know much about cameras manual controls are ESENTIAL, here's why...

You know how your shots are all blurry even if you use a tripod? Imagine if you could make it so the shutter speed was 1/1000 of a second.

you know when you bring the camera up close to the tank everything isn't in focus? you can change somthing called an F stop and get everything in focus. or maybe you want to create one of them fancy shmancy shots where just one coral is in focus and every thing else is out of focus. you can do that by changing the F stop.

Personaly I think everyone sould just go with a 300 dollar camera that has some adjustable features and a movie mode. just remember if you get that camera, in 5 years you will have a totally out dated camera with killer optics. It'll be like having a musket with the greatest scope money can buy. people who buy SRL cameras don't have to worry about this. if you bought a lens from nikon 30 years ago it will work in any of their new SLR cameras. the 5700 is deffinatly awsome, but think about how many of those features you will actually use. may be you will be a ble to get first dibs on the floor model. wait for it's replacment model to come in and really talk up the 5700 so they all go away and get the floor model before anyone else can.

Nikon Coolpix kickass (almost any of them). I've never messed around with the newer ones. But I have seen ones that are a few years old take macro shots of things like flowers and than be blown up into a full wall sized framed photos. Can't tell the difference between these and regular cameras. VERY NICE.... GO FOR IT.

Hi Sahin,

I've had a coolpix 995 for about a year and it does agreat job. In my opinion you can't beat Nikon. But if your going to spend that kind of money, why not get the Nikon D100, check out the specs, its an incredible digital SLR. Nice shots by the way;)

Archived