Coral Vue Hydros

A pair of my firefish developed white bumps( need help)

Armaghanyan

Probably marine velvet or ich. Both are caused by parasitic dinoflagillates and the treatment for both is the same.

If you have a reef tank with live corals and inverts like crabs and shrimp, you'll need to move your fish to a quarantine tank for treatment. Most LFS's will have copper based medications that you can pick up. Copper is toxic to inverts.

Step 1: Put the sick fish in a quarantine tank.

Step 2: Bump up the heat to 80 degrees f.

Step 3: Remove any chemical filter media (carbon, purigen, etc.)

Step 4: Dose with medication per instructions.

Step 5: Install a UV sterilizer on the main display tank and run it 24/7 for a few weeks to break the free swimming part of the infection cycle.

Step 6: Hope for the best.

That looks like flukes. Try a freshwater dip for a minimum of 3 minutes and see if anything falls off during the dip. If so, a simple prazipro treatment will fix this up:)

• Like 2
On 15.01.2018 at 5:55 PM, OPtasia said:

Probably marine velvet or ich. Both are caused by parasitic dinoflagillates and the treatment for both is the same.

If you have a reef tank with live corals and inverts like crabs and shrimp, you'll need to move your fish to a quarantine tank for treatment. Most LFS's will have copper based medications that you can pick up. Copper is toxic to inverts.

Step 1: Put the sick fish in a quarantine tank.

Step 2: Bump up the heat to 80 degrees f.

Step 3: Remove any chemical filter media (carbon, purigen, etc.)

Step 4: Dose with medication per instructions.

Step 5: Install a UV sterilizer on the main display tank and run it 24/7 for a few weeks to break the free swimming part of the infection cycle.

Step 6: Hope for the best.

I tried to catch them, and put them in the quarantine tank, but it very hard since i have lot of rock and corals in my display, and they hide well,,, is there any product that i can use in the tank?

If it's velvet garlic won't work. You have a very short time span for treatment because velvet kills quickly 24-48hrs after the first sign appears.

Your tank needs to go fllow 8 weeks with velvet or ich.

18 hours ago, Clown79 said:

If it's velvet garlic won't work. You have a very short time span for treatment because velvet kills quickly 24-48hrs after the first sign appears.

Your tank needs to go fllow 8 weeks with velvet or ich.

i dont think its velvet either,,, still dont know what it is, but i just fed them garlic for 4 days, and still feeding occasionally, and the fish look good.

27157443_1700136613358521_1125487241_n.jpg

27292244_1700136596691856_1407740313_n.jpg

• 2 years later...