Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Affordable Light for fluval 52?

John L

Hi,  Ive got a friend who’s just started a little fluval 52 aio.  The light that comes with it,  is very basic blue and white LED. Can anyone  recommend a better affordable LED that would work, cheaper than ai prime?

The LED that came with it is either on or off,  Blue only all white only. I don’t think it will be good enough to corals well? 

Any help would be appreciated! 

6 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

Nanobox Tide, AI Prime, Kessil A160, Current Orbit Marine Pro are all good lights for the Fluval 52L / 13.5 gallon tank.  Here's mine with the Nanobox Tide:

39644971592_1ffe569818_z.jpg

Wow, lovely tank.   Thanks that’s really helpful.  Il let my friend know.

Can u think of Anything cheaper?  He is on a v tight budget.   Are there screw in led bulb type fixtures that would cover the tank? What do you think of the LED that came with your tank? Is it good enough to grow corals?

8 minutes ago, John L said:

Wow, lovely tank.   Thanks that’s really helpful.  Il let my friend know.

Can u think of Anything cheaper?  He is on a v tight budget.   Are there screw in led bulb type fixtures that would cover the tank? What do you think of the LED that came with your tank? Is it good enough to grow corals?

The stock light can grow corals but it won't make them look pop like the more expensive LEDs.  If he's on a tight budget, he can look into an used Kessil A80 or A150.  Those should run under $100.  If that's still too expensive, get a Par38 bulb.  The AquaMaxx NemoLight is also fairly cheap, especially if you get it on sale https://www.marinedepot.com/AquaMaxx_NemoLight_AquaMarine_Nano_LED_Fixture_With_Controller_18_Watts_LED_Light_Fixtures_for_Aquariums-AquaMaxx-UJ94547-FILTFILD-vi.html

• Like 1