SaltCritters.com

how to bring back coral

ElementalWizard

ElementalWizard

i won a frag from my lfs and it didnt look good when i got it and im wondering if i can bring it back plus i dont knoe wut kind it is (i knoe its an sps) thanx -kyle

its an acropora and it looks like it may be in SDR, it has the classic denuded skeleton at the base, if it is the coral will be gone in about a day, if not it should recover, with proper lighting (MH) and good water parameters. if you dont have MH it will turn brown, in which case you should send it to me and i will send you a brown acro. :) have you seen the polyps extended? how long have you had it?

if its bleaching but there is still tissue there is a good chance for recovery. the polyp extension is a very good sign. i would epoxy it down onto the rockwork and cover the bleached area.

ElementalWizard

a Helios 150w mh that can either be a pendent or just sit on top of the fish tank like mine i cant remember the model tho its a 20k 150w de mh bulb

ElementalWizard

update the coral now is totally white no brown on it at all :(. supernip i got my lights form my lfs so far its been great no problems. it was around 250 to 300 for bulbs ballest and fixture. -kyle

Archived